The Rock Canyon High School Accountability Committee (SAC) includes parents, business leaders and members from the Rock Canyon community. The RCHS SAC meets once a month throughout the school year to advise the principal and the administration team on decisions that impact the students and overall culture and climate of Rock Canyon High School. Each SAC in Douglas County is governed through Bylaws approved by the District Accountability Committee and the DCSD Board of Education. The Bylaws include the following duties:
- Advising the principal concerning the preparation of the school’s Unified Improvement Plan (UIP).
- Making recommendations to the principal concerning priorities for spending school funds.
- Helping school staff increase parent partnerships with teachers, fostering the parents’ role in creating student READ plans as well as addressing habitual truancy.
- Helping school staff increase the level of overall parent engagement with the school.
- Assisting the district in implementing, at the school level, the district’s Parent and Family Engagement Policy.
- Discuss whether school leadership, personnel, and infrastructure are advancing or impeding implementation of the school’s improvement plan.
Parental, guardian and family engagement contributes to individual and school achievement and to the positive environment and experience for every student at RCHS. Your participation is encouraged and welcomed! If you have any questions or concerns related to SAC or RCHS, please contact principal Andy Abner at email@example.com.
Andrew Abner (Principal, no term)
Patti Hickey (Vice-Chairperson, yr 2 of 2-yr term)
Kristi Legrande (parent, yr 2 of 2)
James Ramsey (Chairperson, yr 2 of 2-yr term)
Darien Wilson (parent, yr 1 of 2)
Jeff Seaquist (teacher, yr 1 of 2)
Pat Crowley (Community Rep)
Non-Voting Members (all public welcome)