At RCHS we believe that our activity programs contribute to the development of leadership, talent and creativity of our students through our mission statement; to empower, explore, encourage and excel in education. Rock Canyon High School works to ensure that programs are valuable and fair to all participants. For more information on Clubs and Activities at Rock Canyon, please click on the Activities Info link in the left column of this page and contact the listed sponsor with any questions.
Since clubs and sponsors may vary from year to year, ALL CLUBS must complete a Club Charter Form for the current school year in order to be active. New offerings for clubs are driven by student interest and approval from the Activities Director; continuation of clubs is dependent on students finding faculty sponsorship.
Points of Pride 2017-18
- 92 different clubs and activities offered. 1300 students and 60 teachers participating.
- Drama – 14 National qualifiers
- Abigail Gertzen won the Congressional Art Award
- Continental League Art Show – 11 students featured, 7 awards won (most for any school in the league)
- RC Media – 20 CSMA awards for the Rock newspaper and Black & Gold yearbook
- FBLA – 60 Qualifiers for State, 26 Qualifiers for Nationals
- DECA – 24 Qualifiers for State 9 Qualifiers for Nationals, Jack Gebhardt international finalist, Maria Pangalos international finalist and Champion
- Chemistry Olympiad – Matt Chen and Dale Kim qualified and competed at Nationals
- TSA – 34 State qualifiers
- Science Olympiad – 22 State qualifiers
- Marching Band – Semi-finalist at State
- Band, Orchestra and Choir – Continental League Musica Festival – 44 students qualified to perform at the Boettcher Concert Hall
- All-State Orchestra – Carmen Martinez, Derek Bauer, Cate Duncan
- All-State Choir – Mila Smith, Leah Doogan, Kezia Dick, Izzy Weiss, Kerst Meibos
- All-State Band – Emily McDonald
- Speech and Debate – 3 state qualifiers, Vivian Zheng finalist at State
Step 2: Complete a Club Application Form and return to the Activities Secretary or Activities Director for approval.
Step 3: Once the Application is approved, complete the Club Charter Form and return for approval. Forms can be downloaded from this site or picked up in the main office.