At RCHS we believe that our activity programs contribute to the development of leadership, talent and creativity of our students through our mission statement; to empower, explore, encourage and excel in education. Rock Canyon High School works to ensure that programs are valuable and fair to all participants. For more information on Clubs and Activities at Rock Canyon, please click on the Activities Info link in the left column of this page and contact the listed sponsor with any questions.
Since clubs and sponsors may vary from year to year, ALL CLUBS must complete a Club Charter Form for the current school year in order to be active. New offerings for clubs are driven by student interest and approval from the Activities Director; continuation of clubs is dependent on students finding faculty sponsorship.
Points of Pride
- Over 80 different clubs and activities offered. 1300 students and 60 teachers participating.
- 2016 drama performance “Women of Lockerbie” presented on the main stage at the International Thespian Festival
- Andrew Abner, Principal, named 2015-2016 Colorado Student Media Association Administrator of the Year
- FBLA – 48 Qualifiers for State23 Qualifiers for NationalsSriram Nalla – Elected as President of our FBLA Region and State Vice President
- DECA – 18 Qualifiers for State 3 Qualifiers for Nationals
- Mock Trial – State qualifier teamKate Schaffer – Won Best Attorney award at State
- TSA – Won State and Regionals for the Verizon App Challenge, Finished at the National level
- Science Olympiad – State competitionAnatomy 3rd place. Anila NarayanaCell Biology 4th place. Will GibbonsChemistry Lab 5th place. Garrett FigueroaGreen Generation 5th place. Shuee Ong and Minju NamWind Power 5th place. Jon Larson and Garrett Figueroa
- Marching Band – Qualified for State
- Band, Orchestra and Choir – Continental League Musica Festival – 44 students qualified to perform at the Boettcher Concert Hall
- All-State Orchestra – Garrett FigueroaDanny IrwinIan KretzmannCarmen MartinezStephen Morrison
- All-State Choir – Aaron MakikalliMegan PryorAmanda ScholzChris Woodley
- StuCo – Broke our record for money collected for Wish Week
STARTING A CLUB
Step 2: Complete a RCHS Club Charter Form for the current school year. Forms can be downloaded on the left side of this page or picked up in the Main Office.
Step 3: Return completed form to Activities Secretary or Activities Director in the Main Office for approval.